• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would red-headed (neon) goby form symbiotic relationships with any pistol shrimp? I can't seem to send PMs to Matt W., so if you see this Matt, I need your help. :wink: But anyone else's opinion is also greatly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they tend to be found around Eucidaris thouarsi an Urchin. They are a species of Cleaner Goby feeding on parasites and small crustaceans.

Regards,
David Mohr

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What David said. Thanks David. :D

The best genus for a nano would be the Stonogobiops spp. because they stay small. Amblyeleotris randalli would be another good choice. There are a few other shrimp partners that stay small, like Lotillia graciosa (sp?), but they are rare to impossible to find in the trade.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't have any jumpers, though. :? I have uncovered parts on the hood and would like to stay with the ones that are less likely to jump.

Well, how about a fish that swims in the mid to the top of the tank?

Any other suggestions for such a small tank (5 gallon)?

Thank you to you both! :)

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If no fish is small enough, and less likely to jump out of the 5 gallon, how about a Elacatinus Oceanops? Will they get along, different elacatinus that aren't mated?

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest getting a cover. :P

Any fish, save for a seahorse, can jump out.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, eggcrate works well and is cheaper than a carpet skimming fish any day!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: