• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

maybe this would be better? 150w seems like more than I need, and $239 is a bit more than I'd like to spend...

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights looked pretty cool and I was considering one for my 20. I don't know if I trust JBJ enough to buy from them though. My experience with their nanocube has been okay. The ballast on the light burned out right away but they replaced it with an improved one without a problem. Since then I have had no problems. But I have heard a few bad stories about their products, and it seems worth it to me to spend the extra money for the aqualight. Of course in your case you only really need the 70w version, so the price difference between that and the 150 aqualight is considerable. If you end up getting one let us know how it performs.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but I saw a pic of the 2nd one on a 12 and it looked like it stuck out too far...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, this would be good- 96W of pc light. I wonder if a 20 inch fixture will work on this tank.
Coralife 20 Inch Aqualight With 1-96W 50/50 4-Tube Square Pin Base

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you should mention the sunpod. When I decided against the viper and aqualight I ended up getting the sunpod. So far I like it a lot. The hood looks pretty good. The reflector isn't the best, but for small tanks it is ok. It focuses the light pretty well and doesn't have a lot coming out the sides like my pendants do. The moonlights are a nice addition, plus you can control the white and blue moonlights independently. Another great feature is that the legs of the hood are adjustable so you can make it fit your tank perfectly. They just slide along a track along the length of the hood. So even if the hood is slightly longer than your tank it still should fit.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flabello Meandroid":1dr9qyeq said:
Oh, this would be good- 96W of pc light. I wonder if a 20 inch fixture will work on this tank.
Coralife 20 Inch Aqualight With 1-96W 50/50 4-Tube Square Pin Base

If anybody cares, this is what I ended up with. For only 80 something bucks with bulb it was pretty cheap. Marine Depot said the legs available for additional cost would fit on a minibow 7, but they don't even come close. The fixture lays right on top of the tank fine though.

Its incredibly bright compared to the 32W of PC I had. Unfortunately, the light (alternating blue and white parts to the bulb) overall has a pinkish look that is so-so. Do pc bulbs "burn-in" at all?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: