• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

That is great! Just the built-in protein skimmer will get a lot of people psyched. Any idea when it's released in the US? Price?

Peace,

Chip

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, looks very well thought out. I wonder if the chiller area is built to accommodate a specific chiller? And the switch board doesn't have a switch for the chiller. Other than that it looks above and beyond a nanocube or aquapod.

jenniferjeter

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an awesome nano. They took everything we complain about our nano's and fixed it. Much better lighting, filtration, and cooling!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea yet on pricing or US release date yet. I'm hoping that they'll manage to sell this at a pretty good price though.

I'm also rather excited. As with others, by the neat way this is all bundled up (should make it popular with those aquarists having to clear purchases with spouses :wink: ), but also by the size (small enough to fit in smallish rooms, but large enough for some real aquascaping), and decent lighting (110w seems reasonable to me for tank this size, particularly given it's a closed hood).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, very nice..

Unless I missed it, looks like it still needs a surface skimmer mod though.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GratefulDiver":18zf8ukq said:
Yeah, very nice..

I think you're right - I was wondering the same thing. The intake on the skimmer appears to be below water level (or am I looking at the wrong bit? :? ).

I also can't see any easy way to add extra equipment (I was thinking a Tunze Nano Stream) without starting to cut holes in the hood etc.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
burntom":1yw6v10x said:
GratefulDiver":1yw6v10x said:
Yeah, very nice..

I think you're right - I was wondering the same thing. The intake on the skimmer appears to be below water level (or am I looking at the wrong bit? :? ).

I also can't see any easy way to add extra equipment (I was thinking a Tunze Nano Stream) without starting to cut holes in the hood etc.
Yep, looks to me like its below water level. And its hard to tell on the surface skimming too.. - Could go either way I guess.

Looks like you might be able to remove the existing (very Prizm-like) skimmer and maybe mod in a Tunze.. - Might be able to slide it in and just remove that back skimmer access door in the top and have it come up through that.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good advice. Thanks GD. Will mentally bookmark this thread for use in the autumn, if things develop according to plan.... :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: