• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other nano cube makers out there other than JBJ?

I almost bought a cube the other day but then I realized that that the moonlights power was connected to the main lights. That made the use of a lighting timer impossible, unless I want to defeat the purpose of the moonlights which I don't.

Any suggestions?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to keep your thread up buddy. I don't know of any others, but I know the aquapod is like a nanocube but are being recalled due to wiring issues. Finnex m-tank are also the same market target niche but I don't know of any on our boards yet. You guys keep yours eyes peeled and post us some updates.
B

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brandon.

I will continue looking, and will post anything I find if people are interested in something other than JBJ.

jt481

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you say- the aquapod is being recalled for wiring issues?
Cheez, first the nanocube cracks and now the aquapod. Another reason I am seriously considering the finnex m tank 20g.

jt481

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you say- the aquapod is being recalled for wiring issues?
Cheez, first the nanocube cracks and now the aquapod. Another reason I am seriously considering the finnex m tank 20g.

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the issues with the nano cubes from what I understand are with the 24-gallon. The newer 12 gallons should be just fine especially if they are the models with glass rather than acrylic.

smontanus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought a cube the other day but then I realized that that the moonlights power was connected to the main lights. That made the use of a lighting timer impossible, unless I want to defeat the purpose of the moonlights which I don't.

I purchased a nc6 last month, found that problem after purchase. :? I'm going to completely disassemble the hood and figure out the wiring, then redo it. If this is feasible (and not a major PITA) i'll let you know.

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Thanx Smontanus. I think http://www.nanocustoms.com/ can do it but I think they might be a little pricey. I haven't checked yet on what it would cost for them to do it. I will shoot them an e-mail and let everyone know what I find out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: