• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cindre2000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 2 month old 3 gallon nano.

The tank is a Marineland Eclipse Explorer II that I found laying around. I added a half gallon overflow to the back and put in two bulkheads for the pump.

I don't have the original top or bottom so I glued some acrylic to make a removable cover with a center feeding hole. I also partitioned the overflow so there is a refugium with some chaeto as well as a section that could easily be converted into a mini protein skimmer (if i just get around to making a collection cup); though I probably won't convert it.

The sand/gravel and the rock all cured in my main tank for a month before putting it in the nano so the system was jump started into action. With the additon of a 15 watt sunlight bulb from walmart, all kinds of macro algea started growing.

3 blue-legged hermits barely keep up with the algea growth and the one tiny unidentified snail is more intent on getting into the overflow area. I also placed some red algea in the tank and it seems to be growing. Due to the difficulty of cleaning the walls of the tank i really need to get a snail or two.

Currently the tank has:
3 blue legged hermit crabs
1 Yellow Damsel (to be moved later to the 125)
various forms of macro algea
5-6 different colonies of zoos
2 different clove polyp colonies

Pardon the color of the pictures, I am planning on a LED powered hood; however, I need to go home to set it up. Therefore, I have 30 watts of walmart Compact Flourescent Daylight Bulb. Good for light; bad for color.

Attachments

• Full tank shot.JPG
    Full tank shot.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 824
  • Fishy Fishy.JPG
    Fishy Fishy.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 827
  • Red algea.JPG
    Red algea.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 827

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: