• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

blue89bird

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Mandarin and am worried there may not be enough in my tank for him to feed on. Anyone have any suggestions for places to purchase them from that you have had success with that I could use to replenish my live rock with.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ebay? :)
link to my search

several buy-it-nows for copepods.
But the fact that you're posting this in the nano section scares me... I wouldn't keep a Mandarin in less than a 75, with tons of rocks. I love the things, they're beautiful fish, but their specialized diet makes them candidates to starve to death without the proper tank setup.
If you're keeping a Mandarin in a small tank, my first suggestion is trade it in. For his sake. If not that, then copepod supplementation is a definite, absolute must. If you think he's not getting enough to eat, you're probably correct. Be prepared to be buying copepods for as long as it lives.

blue89bird

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jasen":21mtc11y said:
ebay? :)
link to my search

several buy-it-nows for copepods.
But the fact that you're posting this in the nano section scares me... I wouldn't keep a Mandarin in less than a 75, with tons of rocks. I love the things, they're beautiful fish, but their specialized diet makes them candidates to starve to death without the proper tank setup.
If you're keeping a Mandarin in a small tank, my first suggestion is trade it in. For his sake. If not that, then copepod supplementation is a definite, absolute must. If you think he's not getting enough to eat, you're probably correct. Be prepared to be buying copepods for as long as it lives.

i was told to expect "crap" about it, however, my buddy has had one in his 15 gallon cube for over 3 years without incident. He's actually eating quite well right now, I'm just looking to supplement the current copepod population in the tank for the future. He has no problem eating mysis and has been bouncing from rock to rock eating off of them as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: