• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hi,I'm new to this site and not really sure if this is where I need to post this question.I have a 12 gal. nano tank with pipefish in it.they seem to be having alittle too much fun and are now pregnant.What I need to know is how do I keep the babies from going into the filter when they are born?I can drop the water level to keep them from going in the overflow part but don't know what to do about the lower intake.Thanks for any help,Jenny

skylab1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use a breader's net to enclosed the baby pipefish, you will need to find one that will fit inside your 12 gal. nano.
Or you can setup another tank similar to the one I have see link below:

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82576

This 5 gallon nano use no power filter so baby pipefish won't get suck in, they can be in there all by themselfs. You will need to hatch some babybrine daily to feed the new born.

The pipefish carry the eggs is the male, I have about 30 hatched a month ago, but sadly only one baby pipe survived. He is inside the breader's net in a 220 gallon tank. I've planned to transfer the babypipe to this 5 gallon nano in the next few days, now that he is big enough. I'll post some more pic when that happened.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:welcome:

Sorry I missed this earlier. I usually refer questions about seahorses/pipefish to our friends at www.seahorse.org. They really know their stuff over there. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: