• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mrhoddy

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

Went out today to my LFS and they had the following tank:

Boyu Mt50 tank 27G, (45cmx49x49) i think its the UK version of the 24G Nano Cube, (the crack problems are now sorted im told). I really like the look of this tank (well the g/f does he he he) cos its neat, compact and self contained however.......The stock lighting for this is 1x24W PC 50/50 tube, but it has two fans in the hood already and area for a fuge etc.

The stumbling point is the lights, now i dont want a MH yet, so here are my thoughts:

I have done some research and i think i could retro fit another 24W pc unit (which is 12") or a 36W PC unit (which is 16") into the hood. This would give me a total of 60W (ie 24W+36W) in 27gal.

1) Is the classed as low or med light intensity etc and what could i put under these?

2)Any other suggestions as to bring up the wattage of the lights IE getting T% under the bonnet somehow.

Will get there in the end, too much research = too many choices = more research etc etc he he he

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: