• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

CinciCobra

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the great info on here. I have lurked for months and felt I probably should introduce myself.
Thanks, Joe

Pic of the tank
reef019.jpg

lettuce nudi
reef017.jpg

pinecone nudi
reef016.jpg

green sea mat that is on a conquest to overrun my tank
reef015.jpg

blue mushroom that was on the edge of death I bought for 3 bucks and revived
reef014.jpg
[/img]

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin tank Joe 8) Hows about given us some tank specs. I'd be interested in your setup.

CinciCobra

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let's see here
Nanocube 12DX, 72 watts of pc (2 - 50/50/ and 1-10,000k), moonlight mod allowing independent operation, surface skimmer, protein skimmer in chamber 1, live rock rubble in chamber 2, maxijet 900 in chamber 3, and a variety of nozzles I have tried. The stock duckbill w/ the MJ900 was rediculous (too much flow), a hydor jet sucked (too little flow and allowed for dead spots on the far side of the tank), and I am having the best luck w/ no nozzle attatched whatsoever. Seems crazy, but the volume of water is greater w/ even distribution off the front glass. Approximately 12 lbs of live rock is stacked in the display.

I am debating on puttin a line-loc spray bar across the top that would be a halo around the top of the tank, but have yet to order it. I am not sure if it would be an improvement or not. I am also waiting patiently for Chris @ nanotuners to put together a DIY MH kit for this thing. My clam is doing good so far and is actually growing, but I am looking for long term security w/ him.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: