• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Made to power Azoo's "Mignon" HOB filter. Consumes 3 watts! It's also only $6.50 for the whole filter. Only pumps 16 gph but it should be good for a 1 or 2 gallon tank. You can buy it here: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/P ... 2004+22769

Edit: I just tried this out on my nano bowl. Yowsa! It rocks!

Attachments

• azoopump.jpg
    azoopump.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,448

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's the bomb for sure. If I can get one of those instead of what I'm using, it's more room for flow and more room for corals in my .5

Ordering one right about now!
Thanks Matt
B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, it's submersible! There are two holes as you can see, and the flow comes out of those. There's nothing covering the impeller so you'll need to silicone some window screening there to prevent snails/debris/etc.

When you guys get it, try putting it on a wavemaker. It switches the direction of flow. :D

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i get it now.

maybe you can use a pill bottle cap or similar to screw on the top. you might be able to whittle the small tabs into a male screw-on lead-in. the trick will be finding the right size cap.

the impeller's just held in place by its magnetism, right? so it's probably adviseable to get a covering like you suggested. netting might get entangled though. the negative pressures of the impeller might draw it in like a caught fishing net onto a boat propeller.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of siliconing or zip tying it down so that couldn't happen.

Here's a really small picture of how the flow comes out. The orange arrows are the direction if the impeller spins CCW, blue for CW. The direction of impeller spin is random when the power comes on. So if you turn the pump on and off intermittently (by putting it on, say, a wavemaker) it will reverse the direction of flow at random times.

FWIW this is of true for any powerhead without a directed nozzle, not just this one. If you cut off the nozzle on a Maxijet it does the same thing. :D

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 1,329

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: