• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

lg_17035_28579P.jpg

Well I just got one of these MO along with the required Hydroset and I am very excited to see how well it actually heats the water. Otherwise it is pretty much perfect for heating a nano that has at least a 1/2" or so of substrate at the bottom. The nice part is that you can drill through the bottom of your tank and silicone the Hydrokable to glass to make a watertight seal and a nice low profile look without a heater or wires visible in your tank. :D

A

Anonymous

That's cool looking, how come you don't give a link to where you can get it?

smit1260

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how it works when you get it. Does it keep a pretty constant temp and heat up enough? What size hydrokable did you purchase? What size is your tank?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smit1260":17g7x10p said:
Let us know how it works when you get it. Does it keep a pretty constant temp and heat up enough? What size hydrokable did you purchase? What size is your tank?

Yes, it is in a gigantic brandy snifter. About 1.5 gallons. I have about 3 feet of the cable in the bowl. I believe it's about 14 feet long (?) and 25W. It heats the water up pretty good. I keep my house pretty warm though so I don't know how well it will work in a colder house.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: