• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NoLimit

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How well does it work? I'm having temp swing issues, and need to sort out a solution. If one of these could eliminate even 2 degrees of swing in 20G, I would be golden.

Please share your experiences, if any, with this thingy.

NanoDog

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NoLimit":318bistf said:
How well does it work? I'm having temp swing issues, and need to sort out a solution. If one of these could eliminate even 2 degrees of swing in 20G, I would be golden.

Please share your experiences, if any, with this thingy.

I took delivery on one a couple of weeks ago... I've jury rigged it to test it on my NC12DX ... (before cutting into my hood..).. It can drop a degree an hour (3 hours) in my cube... w/ an ambient of 79 degrees... lights off...
Chris sends it with a variable voltage transformer so you can tailor an "always on" approach.... I'm just working on some details but plan on attaching it to my reefkeepr for the tank... (a temperature controller would work too)... and antipate eliminating my swings and keeping temps between 79 and 80 degrees...

My ambient here has dropped to 68-70 so I won't know the true affect until indian summer... or spring... :wink:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: