• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Jolieve

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, his tank sure is shaping up nice isn't it? I'm way digging the rock structure, with the cave and swim throughs going on.

Good stuff SMK, keep up the good work!

J.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah im so curios to see how another person close to Germany tank works out..Ive been in contact with SMK since the beginning...I cant wait to see his tank evolve :D

garagebrian

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think his DIY skimmer is VERY cool and I hope it actually works for him :) I was thinking I could make one of those for my QT tank :)

B.

Jolieve

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the DIY skimmer as well, and was considering making one for my tank also, but I already have this stupid prizm.. and since I can't sell it for anything other than a paperweight, I might as well use it :)

J.

smk

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all

Thanks for few good words on my nano. Sorry that i'm answering so late but i wasn't folowing this part of the forum :)

If you liked my 20 minute DIY skimmer check out my topic in "nano-reef-buildoff" and see what my friend from polish forum made for me - proffesional looking DIY skimmer.

I would also be gratefull for ID on my bugs that apeared in my nano - should i worry about them multiplying or not?

@Lordnikon - i found those nano tanks that you were asking me about, in "Welke" catalogue - i'm not sure but it was something about 50 or 60 euros for mini tank + lights + filtration. I will check tomorow in my office what is the exact price and i can scan those two pages of catalogue for you.

I belive that you had this "wave" shaped tank in mind? (beautiful isn't it - i wish mine would look like this)

Attachments

• nano3.jpg
    nano3.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,212
  • nano2.jpg
    nano2.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 1,213
  • nano.jpg
    nano.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,221
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bug in your picture from the contest thread is a Munnidae Isopod. They are beneficial scavengers.

The Snail could be any of a number of species. 99% sure it's just an algae grazer of some type.

The tank you posted here is both interesting and beautiful. I have no doubt that yours will be as well.

smk

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank's for info - so i will leave them alone (for my reef lobster to eat them :) )

I've been folowing your topic in nano-buildoff - quite impresive frags you've got there. When you'll deal with apitasia problem it'll be one of the best tanks in contest. Have you tried joe's juice? It might be to much apitasia for apitasia eating animals to handle all of those alone.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have considered that and I will probably take your advise. If a frag becomes endangered by an Aiptasia I will kill the offending Aiptasia. I'd like to give the worms a chance to show what they can do but they have a time limit. I won't wait forever for them to do their work.

smk

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy
i used joe's juice in my nano and in my main tank - all apitasia gone large to smallest are out :D 10 minute job.

I think i'm done with my tank - it's looking good i hope and i will now focus on keeping all parameters stable. Maybe i will add few frags and a snail and that's about it :)

smontanus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this tank is cool. I never thought a tank that small could have so much potential. I'm going to really enjoy watching this tank progress. Excellent work.

smk

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks smontanus - i don't know if you're talking about my bildoff tank or about that beautifull tank on pictures above - but thanks anyways :D

Ii'm reading your builoff posts since begining and i must give you credits for whole work made on your tank - realy impresive. Looking foward to seeing it with some life in it.

Jolieve

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed smk. smotanus's tank is pretty sweet. I wish mine looked as good.. maybe it would if I had a better digicam.. *ponder*

Nope.. it wouldn't. I think smotanus will kick all our butts :)

J.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: