• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

USMC81

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gone through two ballasts on this cube. It is only 8 months old. Would the Aqualight Advanced Hang-On Tank Mount HQI 150W 20,000K from Coral Life be ok for this tank. At the moment I have rigged up a set of lights from an old tank, (2) 55 watt power compacts. When I dropped back to a small tank I decided to keep only softies. I traded in all of my hard corals. But I would like to add some hard corals back into the tank. All suggestions would be appreciated.

USMC81

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I came home from the movies tonight to find a huge crack in the tank and it was leaking. I made a quick dash to the LFS to purchase a 10 gal. to house everything in for the time being. Here is the link to the hang on light. http://www.coralreefecosystems.com/ltg_ ... life-6.asp I do not think that i will purchase another JBJ nano tank. After two ballasts and now a crack I do not want to risk it again.

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be an issue with these JBJ tanks. I come across so many threads on several boards addressing this cracked tank syndrome. I believe there may be an "official statement" from the JBJ folks addressing the issue over at NR.com. I remember coming across a link to it somewhere.

That same Aqualight will do really nicely over the 10 gallon tank too. If that 20K bulb is too blue for you, look into a Phoenix 14K or XM bulb. I've been running a Phoenix bulb since Feb and it's a great balance of white/blue. Geissman also offers one in that K range, but it's a bit more pricey.

USMC81

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. :D I think I will keep the 10 gal. and add the Aqualight Advanced Hang-On Tank Mount HQI 150W 20,000K from Coral Life. I like the blue look, but will keep the Phoenix 14K in mind if it is too blue. My livestock appears to be happier in the new tank. They have a wider tank to swim in. They are out and swimming in the open more.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: