• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

That tanks really coming along nice isin't it?

Could you take a shot of the area the tank is placed? Its kind of confusing looking at the shots you have with it under construction, and then the one shot of the tank with the lights on where you can see the frame around it is all black.

Thanks

Bryan

A

Anonymous

Nice job, Guy. And I really like your new camera. Mine sucks asscookies.

A

Anonymous

Unleashed":3nak4i4o said:
Nice job, Guy. And I really like your new camera. Mine sucks asscookies.

8O I don't even want to know what an asscookie is.

A

Anonymous

knucklehead":sq1k3y7f said:
That tanks really coming along nice isin't it?

Could you take a shot of the area the tank is placed? Its kind of confusing looking at the shots you have with it under construction, and then the one shot of the tank with the lights on where you can see the frame around it is all black.

Thanks

Bryan

Sure. Next pic will be a wider shot.

deacon hemp

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is very inspiring! I am going to try and replicate your theme of monties of different colors covering the top of my next tank. Ive already had sucsess with monti's in a nano,just never figured it could look so sweet like yours.Your growth is impressive too.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have to say, that is an awesome looking tank you have there. Every week it just gets better and better

I still have questions about the placement. I am just curious is all... Now, in that wide angle shot you took it looks almost like its hanging from the ceiling? and there is something under it? Its in the basement right? What is the temp in the basement? Are you having any issues with that now that winter is coming? My basement gets COLD in the winter, never down to freezing, but sometimes it gets down to the high forties.

Anyway, sweet tank

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's hanging from the ceiling. There's nothing under it.

I heat my basement even though it's unfinished. It's cheaper to heat the whole basement (with Natural Gas) that keep the lagoon warm using electric heaters. As a result the whole house feels warmer than it really is because your feet don't freeze. The basement stays about 70F year round.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you say lagoon?

:shock:

do you have any links to pics of that?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Lagoon

Attachments

• lagoon_041116.jpg
    lagoon_041116.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,487
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kriminy....

Mind if I come over and visit for a couple days or so?

:D

frdchang

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guy,

i was wondering for your nano buildoff, how did you bend the acrylic to be a curve?

and how does your protein skimmer work? (how do you prevent critters from crawling into the hole in the bottom of your curved acrylic support?) and is it airstone driven? do you have a schematic?

inspired by your tank layout, i would like to build something similar...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how to bend acrylic. It would have been nicer if I did. I cut up a black plastic bucket that was already curved :D

Critters crawl in & out of the skimmer all the time. I think there's a whole colony of Head-Shield Snails living in it that come out at night.

Have you checked out the first page of the thread in the Skimmer section? I don't have a schematic, I just started fitting parts together until I got something reasonable.

The skimmer is driven by a limewood block & a Sponge Bob airpump. Basically, the overflow pulls water in from the water surface, air bubbles drive the water from the bottom to the top inside the skimmer, the bubbles collect at the top and eventually spill out into a cup. The water is then forced back out into the tank. It's a very slow flow but seems adequate for a 10 gallon. I collect a half pint of dark, very wet skimmate a week.

There are no adjustments for the skimmer. To increase or decrease skimmate I have to lower or raise the water level inside the overflow. Water level is determined by the height of the auto-topoff container (upsidedown bottle of Crown Royal Reserve).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: