• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

4wheelin69

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this tank from a local reefer here in Lubbock, and he only had that candy coral, and green fuzzy mushrooms. Oh and a yellow watchman and orange spotted goby.

The tanks has:
70 watt MH 10k usio
skitler 400 fuge
battery powered airpump top-off
DIY moonlight
13 watt pc fuge

Can't get first pic to load, but here is what it looks like now.
P9170406.jpg

P9170405.jpg

My Acan started out with 3 heads now has 8
P9160402.jpg

Here is right side sps
P9160400.jpg

P9160397.jpg

Now I only need a canopy to make this look better.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool! Until I can get by to see it in person this will be a nice starter. I can imagine how it looks though with all that xenia pumping, I'll bet the lighting really helps with that and that acan would go for about $200 here in town you know...very cool setup. Like the green monti cap as well, when our frags are big enough to trade I'd like some of that one and I'll give you some green acro of the same color hue.

If that tank wasn't previously on MH, how did you acclimate those corals? They all look happy now for sure. Cool pics, thanks for uploading them
B

4wheelin69

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THanks B,

I aclimated them by raising my pendant about 2ft above the tank and slowly brought it down each week. Didn't loose any coral, I did have to move my greenstar to the pico b/c it was burning up at the top and one of the little birdsnests had to be moved to the bottom of the tank.

Hey I am fixing to start a 12 gal cube or acrylic tank to raise pom pom xenia and the bluish algea I just got.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: