• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

4wheelin69

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started making this reef on 7-30-05 and Added a peice of black plastic from a trashcan and made a small overflow. I cut teeth and siliconed it in. I placed my filter in the overflow part so that it could be hidden, and then I would never see evaporation in the main display, I also have a auto topoff switch in there.
P7300267.jpg

P7300269.jpg

P8110283.jpg

ON 8-11-05 I started adding my first corals,
xenia, blasto, greenstar, zoos.
P8110270.jpg

a shot of the overflow
P8110282.jpg

4wheelin69

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a few pics of what is in this tank.
My sexy surfing the GSP
P8200297.jpg

Some zoos and blasto
P9140387.jpg

P9140384.jpg

As of a couple of days ago
P9140378.jpg

Overflow as of today
P9170416.jpg

and another of today
P9170418.jpg

I hope you enjoy, now that I started all of this, I will be posting often.

I will be posting my sps 7 gal minibow later today.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet

I like the black trashcan overflow, do you notice more noise as water evaporates from the tank?

4wheelin69

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't notice any noise at all. I guess that it isn't really pushing out high volumes of water so it really kind of just trickles down the back.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sure does look great!!!! I can tell with your coralline calcification you are keeping ph and all calcium/alk measures in check. How do you dose this tank>? also, that sexy shrimp is very cool, I've never seen one before because no LFS ever gets them here in Lubbock. Was that a lucky find for you here or did it come from the net? Wow, very nice pico Sir.

B

4wheelin69

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks B, I dose a few drops of photo a week, and I take out 2 cups of water out of my 7 gal and put in there each week or every two weeks. The calcium in there as you know is high for all of my sps.

I got the sexy from a guy local that didn't want him, he was actully trying to kill him. FRREEEEEEEEBBBBBIIIIIII. You don't even have to feed him he fends for himself. Coolest little shrimp. IF you come across a buy I want another one.

He Brandon you got any frags yet??? I nees some sps.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
none for the pickings just yet. Actually mine have slowed growth a little and I attribute this greatly to how densely the system is stocked, a circulation issue... I now have so many frags glued to the sides of the tank and in between the vacant spaces of the original plan that the powerhead (even set on high) isn't moving the SPS polyps as well as it did in the beginning--the movement is broken up by so much physical blockage. Still holding color though, I'm getting a bigger pump soon. Can't wait to trade a little green capricornis with ya :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: