• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

alienzx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in the Reef Newbie forum and got pointed here. Basically I'm a sucker for new equipment, probably enjoy tinkering with my filters and lights as much as I do adding livestock.

What I was curious about is my new 10 gallon nano which I upgraded from a 5gal. A calcium reactor would be overkill right? Would adding kalk even be advisable on such a small tank?

And I dug up a seaclone from my basement, cut about 2" off the inner tube. Is this even enough for a 10?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on topping off with Limewater on my new 10 gal.

I have a disclaimer though... this is pretty much my first nano tank....

skipm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THey way to decide in my opinion if it is overkill or not is to determine your calcium requirements. If you are having to dose alot of calcium to the tank to maintain calcium levels then either a kalk or calcium reactor would be a good addition. If you have to continually add a small amount of calcium then the kal reactor may be more cost effective. If you only have to dose a small amount every several days or less then I would stick with a 2 part additive (my preference). HTH, SKip

coralfarmin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
imo,its nuts...I'd use b ionic or simular products..you'd be better off investing the calcium reactor money in a 55gal if you have room and you'r calcium demand will have less impact, till you add alot more coral

just my opinion

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: