• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tah532

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of finally setting up my 12gal nanocube, which i bought last year. My question is pretty simple. What is best to first enter into the tank, the fish or the corals? I am thinking of a pair of clownfish, and a yellow clown goby, along with some zoo's, a leather, and maybe a couple feather dusters.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it really matters whether you introduce fish or corals first. Both require that you've got your tank fully cycled with stable water param's. Most of the stuff you listed is considered pretty "hardy", so you could start with whatever you buy first. :wink:

skipm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to wait until towards the end of you additions for the feather duster unless you plan on target feeding it, there won't be anything it can use for food (fishwaste) in the very beginning. If you are going to be adding phytoplankton for the corals then it would be fine to add him now as well though. Good luck and keep us posted, Skip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: