• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

shaggydoo541

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my tank.

12996newlite-med.jpg

This is what it consists of so far;

18G high tank (20"X10"X20")
AC500 fuge with 5# LR and algae
Coralife lunar light 2X65 10000K and actinic
150 w heater
20# LR
18# LS
15# Base rock
Zoomed PH (160 gph - yeah right but it works)

Livestock:
3 hermit crabs
2 snails
2 yellow tail damsels
corals will be added in another month (wanna make sure tank is super stable)

Let me know what you think and I will continue to post updated pics as it develops. Right now a lot of the coraline is bleaching out because I just barely got my lights and the tank cylced without lighting. I have an issue with bubble algae (not bad yet but getting a emerald crab to clean up what little is there) and aipasia. I only have two of those little devils and was looking into getting a peppermint shrimp if they get our of hand.

Anyways let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting aquascaping...cant wait to see it when it takes off :D

shaggydoo541

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now my tank has aiptasia and bubble algae. Also a cool little red feather duster but thats another story. So I got an emerald crab and a peppermint shrimp. Problem here is within 1/2 day the crab ate the shrimp. My gf watched it attack and devour the shrimp. I really like the shrimp and so am going to try another one (maybe). Anyone have a similar experience?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool start...and no i havent seen an emerald crab devour a peppermint shrimp..

shaggydoo541

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had to catch my damsel that was bullying my new clowns. To do this I had to tear the whole tank apart and reaquascape. I couldn't get it to how it was before so here is the new look.

clowntanksm.jpg

I lost 2 mushrooms and my ric while catching my damsel. So I decided to get rid of my damsel in a rather unique way. I fed him to my brain. Here is a pic.

damsel1sm.jpg

P Matt

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was rather shocking. Not what I expected to see as I'm causually scrolling down checking out your set up.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's everybody so shocked about?

Happens all the time in the ocean, things eat smaller things

I think its cool

shaggydoo541

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know everyone can't wait for updates on my tank!!! HA well at least I really like it so here are some updates. Enjoy and let me know what you think of my new aquisitions.

tealzoassm.jpg

bluezoassm.jpg

triplesm.jpg

pineapplesm.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: