• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

AfAqua

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

Well, I kinda got involved at number 99. Being in a completely different time zone to most of you makes it a bit difficult to tell if I made the cut-off, but I think I just crept in there.

http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67708

This is my first Nano, so please feel free to comment/advise/crit where necessary. Being on the African east coast makes it difficult to get the great hardware available in Europe and the States, hence my decision to keep it as technologically retarded as possible.

I've recently finished building a 4ft predator tank (leak testing in progress) which is visible to the left of the Nano. Apart from this there, is the 180g in wall reef which keeps me kinda occupied.

Cheers for now :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
woohoo, you made it with 2 minutes to spare!!!!!

Hey, I like your homemade rock, and it will be very interesting to watch your tank blossom. There's been several threads lately about making and using agricrete rock.

Why wouldn't your spousel unit let you use the water feature? I think it would fit in very nicely with the landscaping. If it would fit, you could always use the tank on the commode to cure. 8O

Good luck.

AfAqua

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sally

Thanks for the response. That was kinda close! I thought about the toilet cistern, but the wife chucks those little colored blocks in there and I'm not sure that blue rock would be aesthetically pleasing.

Cheers
Mike

AfAqua

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guy, no creek/river/stream really close. I thought about putting them in the sea for a while. :idea: Apart from curing really fast, it’ll also encourage coralline growth. Only problem is that I'm not sure if I'll inherit any nasties. I think I'll pursue that line of attack. :D

Cheers
Mike

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had that option that's probably what I would do.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the look of your agrocrete. I've been wanting to make more of my own once I get some time.

AfAqua

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guy, your setup is looking really good. This was my first attempt at making rocks. Five parts shingle to one part cement. No sand. It's extremely porous. Only problem is that I'm gonna be playing catch-up wrt coralline growth, but I think the learning gained is worth it.

BTW I can't seem to find any Crown Royal locally. Do you think Jack Daniels will do, hic? :wink:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: