• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

MartinE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here use a hang on the back fuge on their nanos. And does it put undue stress on say a 15gal or less glass aquarium?

ChrisV

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean enouph stress to break glass? Why not just use a 10 gal would make a badass refugium for a nano and you could hide it under a stand probly...

MartinE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah some hang on fuges come in sizes up to the length of a 15gal, would not 10 or so gal. hanging on the back stress enough to break it?

I was just asking because I see them advertised alot and I was curious as to who uses them and what size tank.

thanks for the reply

ChrisV

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it does ofcourse revolve around the thickness of glass but I wouldnt want that huge thing hanging on my little nano. Those are used for 50ish or so gallon tanks. I would aim for a hidden cheapo 10 gallon refugium on a 15 or so gallon nano.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
geesh guys,
I had an aquafuge 19x12x4 or something like that on a 29. Worked well, no problemos. Added a bit of gallonage and nice safe place for pod production. Put on a light with reverse lighting and you shouldn't have any heat problems and you could also put your heater in there.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding..On my mantis tank I have a Tetratec pf 150 for a fuge (on a 5.5gal tank) no problems, no stress packed full of Halimeda.....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a small one for my 7 gallon bow, then moved it to a 10 gallon when I upgraded tanks.

B
goodtop.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: