• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NoLimit

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I interpreted the rules, the tank has to be "operational" by the end of April. I take that to mean that the system must be filled and running (lights, pumps, etc.), but not stocked.

In fact I recall that the rules encourage photos of additions along the course of the contest, so I'm guessing that my (as yet) unstocked tank is OK.

Another way of looking at it is that it would be irresponsible for any of us to just cram a bunch of livestock into a tank to make a deadline.

I, for one, am taking it slow -- I want this to be a successful setup. If I end up being somehow ineligible for the prize(s), so be it. I'd rather have ti running well, than fast.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the way I am looking at it too. I am planning on not putting a fish in there till a couple months from now. I'd rather get used to maintaining a nano first.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You dont have to have it stocked, just up and running. The administrators here will not force endangerment to any livestock to meet a deadline. The whole idea behind this is for education, promoting the hobby and fun. Dont sweat it Agfahy. Just have water in the tank with some lights and pumps and youre good :wink:

Good luck

Rikko

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if my lighting consists of a desk lamp and I "upgrade" later when I finish the canopy... Does that count? :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rikko":3vlnras7 said:
So if my lighting consists of a desk lamp and I "upgrade" later when I finish the canopy... Does that count? :D
yes, just make sure you get photos taken and posted to your thread by April 30th.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unless the rules have changed, I asked Len this when I registered and you just need a tank to hold water by April 30, it does NOT need to be operational in the sense you need all the plumbing/lighting/etc up and running, of course the email was a bit ambiguous, so I'll let one of the mods who interpret it.

Here's what was written to me
Ya, by April 30th, the tank has to be running (filled with water). Rocks and stuff can be added as you go along.

Len
From my interpretation running means that it needs to be filled with water.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: