• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Finally..

I set this tank up months ago and neglected it since it was in a bad place for viewing(counter top) and made maintanence a PITA...So in Jan. I started my new job which allowed me to bring in my small tank...

Its been running now for about a month and a half...I seeded it with some LS from my main 20, along with some of the water...

It has a mini power filter, a heater, and 3 lights of which one is a galaxy light (13W PC), a palm light (7W PC) and a coralife 50/50(10W PC)...

Im currently on a schedule for two week water changes..Top off with RO water..Evaporation is an issue, Ive tried compensating with a piece of acylic over the top which needs to be remodified to accomadate the added on lighting..This set up has been up only a month and a half..

It is a Deco Art setup between 20-30 dollars depending on where you get it...

My current inhabitants are a emerald crab, a turbo snail, a camel shrimp, a hermit crab, and a HH brittle star about 1/8in dia. Also various bristleworms too.

I have some brown zoos, two ricordia, a kenya tree, some gsps, a couple mushrooms, and a hairy mushroom...My current future additions will be some orange zoos, blue zoos and some yellow colony polyps...

I want to thank Bingo for some of the frags for starter corals and Brandon429 for educational help..

Also I will be adding this thread in the members tank specs section as well

Attachments

• 100_0295.jpg
    100_0295.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,349
  • Picocloseup.jpg
    Picocloseup.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,349
  • picodesk.jpg
    picodesk.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,351
A

Anonymous

lighting scheme

Attachments

• Picolighting3.jpg
    Picolighting3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,344
  • Picolighting2.jpg
    Picolighting2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,344
  • Picolighting1.jpg
    Picolighting1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,346
A

Anonymous

some inhabitants

Attachments

• Hairyshroom.jpg
    Hairyshroom.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,342
  • Ricordia.jpg
    Ricordia.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,345

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's pretty quick to put up a tank (albeit a pico) for a new job ain't it? only a month, right?

it's a nice tank but i'm wondering on the etiquette aspect.

is your new boss cool with that?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rcsheng":2f1z0k3l said:
is your new boss cool with that?
Yes the Deputy Right of Way agent gave me permission..I wouldnt have done it otherwise...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet little setup you have there. glad to hear the corals are doing well. Did you save the tiny chips of rock with the green hairys on them?

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo":2uojzhtp said:
Did you save the tiny chips of rock with the green hairys on them?
A couple..some of the chips didnt appear to have anything on them..I pretty much put everything in the tank including the tiny chips so they're in there if they were there...

The candy cane coral is in my main tank awaiting recovery... I noticed the stuff that was damaged from your mushrooms on the candy cane seem to be making a recovery...Ill see in the next couple months how it turns out

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well done My work is similar, no one would really care if I set up a tank as long as I got the job done. I'd be concerned about housecleaning chemicals in some situations. I can tell you have a healthy reef tank behind those camera issues, same situation here with image sharpness but your color rendition is much better... I think if you keep a close eye on the salinity that system can grow into those seen in the famous Nano issue of Coral magazine. That was cool of bingo to send you some frags!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My refractometer is the stuff...Very accurate..Keeping an eye on salinity shouldnt be a problem...

Thanx..

Im also gonna add a devils hand in there this week...we'll see how that goes...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently fighting an evaporation problem..Im concerned about the weekend..last week end a 1/4 of the water evaporated...Might have to invest in an auto top-off..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: