• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

gobar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone out there suggest a ballast (cheapy HD brand) that can run two 13 watt PC's? I am setting up a very small hex at work. I did the total DIY, skimmer, lighting, overflows etc. on my 120 at home and would like to keep the cost down. At the time I had a specific model to look for and it would be helpful again. Thanks...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to RDO!

Workhorse 2 would do nicely, but I don't think they'll have one at HD. Should be about $20

B

gobar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Bingo. I will look for it at the Billows Electric store then. I did read a few posts about the 96watt quads and now want to look into if the size would be right. I think it will be too big (18") but I'd like to get more wattage if I can.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you thought about 2 28-32w bulbs? they're only 13" long.

B

gobar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo, That would be ideal. The 18" would be too long and I'd like to get more wattage than just 26. I have'nt seen the bulbs you are talking about though. Where can I find them and do they just take the 4 prong connector?

gobar

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two 28-32 watt PCs and waterproof sockets yesterday. Yaa. I will probably use the same ballast as I have for my 96 watt PCs and hopefully I can start the tank up next week. Thanks for the help Bingo.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: