• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ben2001vw

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 2.5 gallon tank and I am wanting to set up it up. I have mini-powerhead I was going to install for water movement. Does anyone have an suggestions on specific lights? I aim to keep some coral. Please provide online suppliers if possible for the lights. I've checked the usual ones, but can't seem to find any power compacts small enough. Thanks in advance.

Ben

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't the tank comes with a canopy? I believe it's PC in the canopy.

You can also buy the clip-on 13W PC. If you cannot get the Actinic+Daylight combo, then get the daylight bulb.

Daemonfly

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.5g are really easy to DIY a custom wood hood for.

Either way, you could go with a combination of 13w PCs or even just the 20w Coralife 50/50 screw-ins (I use 2 over a 2.5g myself)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 20w Coralife 50/50 screw-ins are pretty cool. Bought them on a whim to put over a 10g. They look good to me!

Plus you can get them for ~$10.50 a piece at some online vendors ($14.99 - $21.00 at various LFS) Built in ballast make this an easy wire, but you must protect them from water as the sockets are not waterproof.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/pro ... 843;pcid2=

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: