• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

candide

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g I used as a QT tank at home. I'm thinking of just getting a small 10g to use for QT, and bring the 20g into the office. I don't want to do anything fancy, so PC's, perhaps even NO's are fine. Just some liverock with shrooms and star polyps, perhaps if I had pc's I'ld do hammer/frogspawn.

My question is on stocking....
Is 20g big enough for a dwarf angel? I'm thinking Coral Beauty in particular.

My thoughts on fish are:
Coral Beauty
Royal Gramma
Orchid Dottyback

blenny (probaly bicolor or midas)
or
pair false percs

The last two are for personality. I want one of them (either the pair or the blenny). I'm worried 4 or 5 is too much for a 20. Would it work in a 30 if so? I guess I could drop the coral beauty, and go gramma, dotty and blenny in a 20?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm worried 4 or 5 is too much for a 20. Would it work in a 30 if so? I guess I could drop the coral beauty, and go gramma, dotty and blenny in a 20?

I would say so. I would not go with the coral beauty or any other angel in a 20. They need plenty room to swim.

I would say maybe 3 fish at most depending on what kind of fish they are.

I see no problems with the perc and a blenny. The gramma and the Dotty wouldnt get along very well in such a small tank.

Drop those two because they tend to get territorial towards others and its a small tank so they are bound to get in each others face.

Try a fire fish if you wanted 4 fish but keep a lid on it.

candide

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I had thought of the firefish too, but wonder if they are as interesting as dottybacks. That's a good idea. I was worried about a 20 being too small for the cb.

Thanks for some advice :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SOME Centropyge angels will do just fine in a 20. C. argi is one, and if you want to go really exotic go with a C. fisheri.

As far as bioload, I think a dwarf angel and the pair of clowns is about all I'd put in a 20.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: