• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

alienzx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw a great deal for a corallife 96Watt Quad PC. I currently have two 28watt's on my 5gallon nano in a DIY enclosure 5" off the water. I think the 96watt setup looks very slick and it's time to replace my 28watt PC bulbs anyway.

Right now the tank is just mushrooms & encrusting gorgonia & live rock. Is a 96Watt bulb too much for them? I never really thought about SPS, but the tank has been my success story so far and I might want to go further.

Any info would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be ok. You may want to keep the new light up high for awhile then slowly drop it down over a few weeks. You should be able to keep most species of SPS coral with that light.

reefann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you could get some screen and lay it under the bulb and slowly pull off a layer or two at a time.
This is easier than raising and lowering the hood sometimes......

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I put one of those over the refugium portion of my sump - an area that measures ~18" x 20". The light is mounted ~10"-12" above the water. It grows algae (macro and micro/hair) like crazy.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
250w 10K DE over a standard 10 here.

That too much?

:lol:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: