• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I have been having troubles with my 3/4g pico but things seem to be coming around, or at least it seems that way. Any who...I was feeding the little tank and noticed two little hitch hikers in there.

1. a Bristle worm Bright red with white bristles and a slightly grayer body

2. a very small 2mm body width Crab, looks like sand, so he hides easy.

I never see them when the digi cam is around so sorry no pics yet. Do I need to worry about these lil' buggers? Or should I try and remove them? The both seem to hike around the "Hopefully" coming back sun coral.

What are your suggestions?

Here is a couple of older pics of the tank
http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57174

The Tomato bought it so bummer there. but everything is still living

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bristle worm is probably ok to keep, it will eat detritus and un eaten food.. the crab, you'll have to either get a pic or just keep an eye on for awhile to assess its behavior...

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Nikon. Sounds like the common species of bristleworm that stays pretty small.

Don't know what to say about the crab, though. :?

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to get you a pic Nikon to ID him but there are a few problems...He is a pain to find most of the time. Secondly he is far too small for my camera to focus clearly on him, he ends up looking just like a bit of sand and not a crab

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then he probably will be ok..not likely to do any serious damage if any..again just keep an eye on it to monitor its behavior for the next few weeks...if its ok, then forget about him as a threat...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: