• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Chucky

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the bad quality photo, but please put forth some opinions/suggestions.

Setup: 10 gal, w/14W PowerGlo. 8lbs CC, 10lbs LR, Aqua Clear mini with Foam & ammo-chips. Mini powerhead for circulation (it's really neat, and new on the market, from Marina I think. I horked it out of a tiny acrylic 'goldfish starter' kit.)
Residents: 1 clown, 1 damsel, 1 left hand hermit. 3 tiny tiny blue leg hermits (like, booger sized) one bigger. 3 scarlet hermits, usually stay hidden. Corals that you see in the pic, a batch of tiny feather dusters that never get very big, and some kind of 'spaghetti worm'. Lots of copepods on the glass.

Does this tank look spartan/boring compared to what most poeple are running???

Attachments

• image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 491
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool to me. Can you tell us more about the powerhead? I'm interested to find one. Brand name? The product you got it from?

Chucky

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marina introduced yet another waaaay too small 'goldfish kit' made of acrylic - the front is concave. It has orange accents or purple - including the gravel (shudder).
This is the 'filter' included with it - in the bottom stage, you can insert a Carbon foam. It's difficult to see. I mounted it diagonally on the 4 suction cups on the back. There is a fanned output to widen the flow. (I don't know what an engineer would call that structure).
It's extremely powerful for its size. There is a tiny impeller inside. The green dial redirects the aperture to change the flow rate, and you'd have to put it on the smallest setting for the kit. In the 10 gal, it's a perfect size for good flow at full power. A 201 would probably be overkill.

You can get them for about $10 CAD so possibly the same price USD. It's a perfect bargain for the size!
I'll send them IF you can't find them at your LFS, just contact me via e-mail. Hope I'm not braking any forum rules?

Attachments

• pump2.jpg
    pump2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 469

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it just fine Chucky. Give her time to purple out and allow for natural coral placement/selection and it will look the same as the established systems commonly posted on our site. If your water test params are turning out fine then I'd say in 6 months you'll have one heck of an established nano. Good job Sir.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also appears that you have stocked a squamosa clam in the front right of the aquascape, how's that rascal coming along?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: