• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

waynerville

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i was wondering what it would take to increase the lighting in an jbj nano cube - will it be like taking out the mirror and rigging up a spot for new lights or could i just like replace the bulb with a more powerful one?
my main goal is to have a tank loaded with an array or colors and i would also like to have some corals that my clown gobies would enjoy playing in like a torch coral or something. i would also like to have a small tree coral and if ever possible a small clam. i know they require ultra lighting but i was wondering if it is possible to do it with a nano cube? if so how? my last question is how does everyone get these amazing looking polyps? at my LFS they mostly get brown or sewage colored ones in. where do you find the violet and blue and green ones? the owner of the store says he cant control what color they send so i was wondering if it is safe to get them from the internet. i would prefer not too but if thats the only way i will try. any info is appreciated - thanks, wayne.

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For more Power Compact: You can cram another PC retrofit kits in there.

For HQI metal halide: You could remove the hood and hang a pendant over the tank, build or buy a canopy.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For torch coral you'll need either a lot of PC light or a small MH. I'd go with a 65W or 96W PC bulb, or a 70W MH. Clown gobies naturally live in branching stony corals (Mostly Pocillopora and Acropora) but they'll settle down just fine in a patch of mushrooms.

Welcome to REEFS.ORG!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: