• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

apparently CPR has its own Nano cube...I saw it yesterday evening at the LFS..It was made by CPR...nearly the same thing..built in filitration, PC lighting, roughly a 12gal tank..nice..Just cant seem to find it on the CPR website? I cant confirm nor deny this but I saw what i thought i saw...

JT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CPR is hardly competing with JBJ, more like the other way around. The CPR nano tanks have been on the market for well over 6 years now.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know they still sold those CPR MRTs anymore. They have a bakpak basically built into the back of the unit .

tz1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the cpr nanocube is a new product for 2005. it comes in 3 different flavors: bare cube, w/ or without canopy; cube with 2x13w pc jalli light fixture; and cube with black canopy with custom sealife 1x9w + 1x27w pc sealight kit installed.

I own the version with the canopy and sealight installed. the measurements are 13.5 x 11 x 11.5 inches. the total volume is almost 6 gallons not including the sump. there is an overflow and sump which has biobale in it.

compared to the cpr nanocube, the jbj looks cheap and tacky. the cpr cube looks very elegant, especially if you get the canopy. the only downsides are: 1) the overflow can easily suck down a small fish or shrimp. 2) the rio pump that comes with it is LOUD (subjective). 3) it is really expensive, compared to the jbj nanocube. I bought the cpr cube at cost, and even then it costs more than double the price of the standard jbj cube.

overall, I lreally like the cpr cube. I imagine the high price (close to $300 for the top of the line model) will keep most people away, but I've been spoiled by its clean looks. I plan on adding another 9w actinic to bring the total up to 45w.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats incorrect. It has been around for awhile, they(CPR) has recently in 04 added the built in lighting system like JBJ...You have to order it by phone or through your LFS. It roughly costs around 279 give or take with shipping or your LFS markup...I was just at my LFS today and questioned them about this. This is where i got my info...It also backs up JT who said its been around for about 6years

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: