• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Just a comparison of L. carmabi and L. swalesi...

Liopropoma carmabi lacks the spot on the anal fin, and has spots on the tail fin...

image133.jpg

L. swalesi has an all yellow tail, and a spot on the anal fin. The stripes are obviously different colors as well.

image7812.jpg

Hope this helps!

A

Anonymous

Danke. Why're you frontin' like you gotz a carmabi when you only got a swalesi?!?! :P

Where is each native to and why is carmabi so much more $$$?

A

Anonymous

L. swalesi has a much wider range in the Indo-Pacific. L. carmabi is only from the Caribbean. The guy at TMC told me that it's very hard to get a L. carmabi in good shape, b/c they're usually caught by 3rd world divers who use chemicals. They're super secretive, you never see them in open water I guess. I'm not sure why this doesn't apply to L. swalesi as well, maybe they're just more common.

Anyway, cool about the wrasse! Post pics when ya can.

Oh yeah, why you frontin' like you own a HAL9000?

A

Anonymous

:lol: Ummm. Yeah... Point taken.

Where's a link to your 125 in your sig? Are you still running it or did you have to take it down to move? If so, what did you do with all your livestock and equipment?

A

Anonymous

I had to sell the tank and liverock, unfortunately. I also sold the fairy wrasses, but all the other stuff went in to the tank at Sophia's.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: