• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Garry thomas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i am going to take the plunge and run a small hex tank 35 gals U/S. This is a lot smaller than what i'm used to running/ owning back in britain. I plan to use a DSB, live rock a few p/heads for movement a standard aqua clear filter and thats it. What are your thoughts? Could i get away without running a skimmer? as all the skimmers i know of and or have seen just look so mickey mouse so to say. :idea:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can definitely go w/o a skimmer. Just increase water changes, run some carbon, etc. It's just another form of nutrient export.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a 10 gallon with only a powerfilter with activated carbon and live rock for filtration. It has been prety healthy. I do 20% water changes weekly.

Garry thomas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well there has been a change of plan now. I am going to use my 60 gallon hex instead. so i guess you cant call it a nano anymore.

Garry thomas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes but after running this!!!!!!!!!!!!! well everythings a nano :?

Attachments

• wales june 2004 041.jpg
    wales june 2004 041.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,582
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you're doin as well as you sound Garry.. - Look forward to seeing pics of the new "nano"..

Norm

Garry thomas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here it is. 20kgs of fine sand and 10 kgs of live aragonite. Just waiting for it to clear. Live rock to go in on thursday.

Attachments

• dscn0006.jpg
    dscn0006.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 1,571

primer

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah id say after the first tank (may i add good lord thats awsome) anything would be a nano to you, good luck with the new tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: