• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

marinesport

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell me if i did ok. it's my first marine tank it has 20lb argonite sand, 15lbs cured LR. ijust got it set up un sunday. trying to learn how to best take pics of the tank so forgive me if they suck. i ran out of batteries before i could get it down. i made two great caves for the fish to swim through and the rock is not touching the glass anywhere. did my first tests today no nitrate, nitrite, or ammonia. ph looks perfect, but my salinity is a little bit low. it seems to have changed since i first put it in. was high now it is low. added some warm salty water to try and bring it up. i sthis normal because it is new? i am using 2 different box type testers to check it they both read about the same. temp has been pretty steady at about 77.4F. i have seen lots of interesting stuff on the rock little clear bugs with two antannae sticking ou of their heads what looks like tiny fan worms little tiny red and white things that look like corals. and the only thing i think i can call by name is green bubble alge in two spots. well i hope you all let me know what you think.

talk to you later
dan

Attachments

• ddd 001.jpg
    ddd 001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 830
  • ddd 004.jpg
    ddd 004.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 833
  • ddd 008.jpg
    ddd 008.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 835

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you've done a very nice job of aquascaping!

Especially, considering that there is no consistency in the texture and color of the rock. You were able to make it work. I myself, would have found it difficult to arrange.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good so far. I agree with reefnutz!

The only thing I might do differently is shift the whole rock pile over to the left about an inch. That way your magent can pass between the rock and glass on the right side there. Make sense?

HTH, Matt

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, the little red things might be "foramniferans"...harmless little filter feeders. It sounds like you've got a lot of critters on your rock.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also the bug things are copepods or amphipods. read up about them, they're super interesting. to me, at least.

ps turn your flash off when photographing the tank. shut all curtains. turn off all lights in room. tank should be the most luminous object in room. :)

hf more pix!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: