• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Chriss68

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Eclipse 12 show tank (not curved front) and would like to change the stock light for something better. The stock tube is a F15T8 Daylight. I've looked at 50/50 and found nothing small enough. I'd like to keep the hood original without modifications. Are there any options to accomplish this?

The tank has been cycled . All water levels are normal to ideal. It currently has about 15 lbs live rock, one blood shrimp, two turbo snails. We've also found some hitchhikers including 3 small mushrooms, 2 featherdusters and a new discovery a bristleworm. We had a common clownfish that didn't make it a week. Fish store had no answers since all my levels were normal. I'm adding some black calcite sand in the next few days. I plan on adding a firefish and some reef crabs in a month or so.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to meet you Chriss. I think the clownfish will make it after more cycling time. I am sure you can find an upgrade at this site (hellolights.com) a 13w pc setup x 2 will run about 48 dollars w shipping. I buy them with the checkcard that came with my bank account, they ship on time and are reliable.

http://hellolights.com/13wretrokit.html

Mount these in between the cover and the glass, two 32w bulbs (and fitting ballasts) would be better though. If the temp rises above 82 a radioshack fan setup (+$25) may need to be used. After the initial cost and hassle of fitting these items into the hood, the system stays easy to maintain along with bulb changes every 6 mos.

We would be interested in seeing pictures of your setup, each of us has plenty of room to post detailed reef angles and its always fun to set up a new tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon429":21h0v6oc said:
Nice to meet you Chriss. I think the clownfish will make it after more cycling time. I am sure you can find an upgrade at this site (hellolights.com) a 13w pc setup x 2 will run about 48 dollars w shipping. I buy them with the checkcard that came with my bank account, they ship on time and are reliable.

http://hellolights.com/13wretrokit.html

Mount these in between the cover and the glass, two 32w bulbs (and fitting ballasts) would be better though. If the temp rises above 82 a radioshack fan setup (+$25) may need to be used. After the initial cost and hassle of fitting these items into the hood, the system stays easy to maintain along with bulb changes every 6 mos.

We would be interested in seeing pictures of your setup, each of us has plenty of room to post detailed reef angles and its always fun to set up a new tank.

Hey there....

This is my foray in nanos.....

I have the above configuration for the nano I'm about to start. Do you have some suggestions for stocking corals, beyond polyps and mushrooms, at that lower light level that do well in nanos?
I was also thinking of condy... with good feedings will that work?

-Gregory

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: