• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I have a 10 gallon wannabe nanno. A couple of weeks ago I added some mushroom corals, and they are doing well. I switched my lighting from NO minicompacts to a pair of 50/50 20W MiniCompacts by Coralife. I keep my water quality high by frequent water changes.

thus far I have only been testing PH, Amonia, Nitrate, Nitrite. The only detectable chemical is Nitrate, in low ammounts. (I'll run another test tonight and update this post with the numbers).

The only swimmers I have are a yellow-tailed blue damselfish and a yellow clown gobi

I am wondering which way to go from here. I would like to keep soft/leather corals, maybe 1 anemone, and would like to have a nice colorful display.

So what would you'unz suggest as a next coral for an inexperianced nano-reefer?

If I ever get a camer, I will post pics, it's not such a bad looking little system, just a little bare

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say you are ready for soft corals now, and I would also advise picking up a two-part calcium/alk supplement and use it accordingly. For your size tank, any use of these items is more helpful than none-but don't overdose. If you can locate the additives called C-Balance, you will find an ideal dose for a 10 gallon tank to be two capfulls calcium/alk on alternating days (added in the morning before lights on) and skipping weekends. This will grow your system well and also allow some coralline growth to start. A key dosing trick for nanos is to make all doses in the morning and never in the evening.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list of possible recruits, any specific advice or experience would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I should just plain not keep any of these corals let me know.

Sinularia dura
Lobophytum SP
Sinularia flexiblis
Sarcophyton SP

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..

I think I am going to get a Cladiella. seems like my lighting at the depth I will keep it will be enough, it should only require suplimental feeding, and trace element dosing.

If anyone feels this will be a rediculous purchace feel free to beat me soundly about the head and shoulders.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sacrophyton will work..maybe some mushrooms..Sinularia Sp will be ok if im not mistaken..sounds like you're making this a softie tank..way cool

Sumper Fi :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awrighty, I had a Cladiella put asside for me, so I can watch how it does in the store before I actually buy it. The only real desparity between my tank and the LFS tanks is PH. Mine is kept at a stable 8.2 while the LFS is 7.9. How long would you think that the colt coral should have to drip acclimate? 1-2 hours, or should I put it in the hospital tank (never used additives, only used it as a quaranteen and a jail) and slowly rais PH over days?

Thanks for the advice

P.S. unless Cladiella is just an all arround bad Idea for a beginner.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: