• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I've actually been reconsidering the flow alot. The two MJs were going to each be split into two outlets, for a total of four. I'm now thinking that maybe I should go with four smaller pumps since my wavemaker can handle four. Only worry is the extra heat...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and putting together a nice little Puget Sound system.

I SOOOOO wanna do this! You absolutely are required to provide pics :) How ya gonna get the livestock, straight from the sound?

skylsdale

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey alfbennet, I didn't intend to hijack Matt's thread about that system. There's a thread about it in the main reef discussion ("coldwater system")--go ahead and drop questions over there and I can discuss it more!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argh...for some reason photoshop's not working right now. I took the pics though...

I went ahead and bought 4 MJ 400s (I think, the 160 gph ones) so it should be some nice flow in there.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my kompootar at work is still not letting me open photoshop for some damn reason. I'll get it fixed sooner or later. At the moment the tank is filled with live rock (a month now) and waiting for corals. There's a tiny Eviota goby in there who shows his face every once in a while too :)

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":1u9x22wd said:
Argh...for some reason photoshop's not working right now. I took the pics though...

I went ahead and bought 4 MJ 400s (I think, the 160 gph ones) so it should be some nice flow in there.

Are you running the MJ400's inline or in the tank?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. They sit in the 'sump' portion and a 45 degree elbow sticks into the tank for each one. Eventually I plan on hiding the elbows with some M. capricornis.

I'm beginning to think that switching the 400s to 600 or even 1200s isn't such a bad idea.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! That's why it took me months to figure out how to open photoshop ;)

Anyway, here go some photos of this tank. Nuthin special...

Attachments

• 20front.jpg
    20front.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,596
  • 20back.jpg
    20back.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,595
  • 20equipment.jpg
    20equipment.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,595

reefann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Very freaking good.
I love the intense light, GREAT skimmer, a litermeter,wavemaker. Your tank is hooked up!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: