• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

gad

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get started building my nano reef and was thinking of using the ViaAqua 18G but have heard mixed comments on them as far as faulty lighting/ballasts..

I'd appreciate any comments/opinions on them..

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Gad, sorry for the delay in response. Hope we have caught you during the decision-making phase and not after! I have seen the via-aqua's at my LFS, and they looked perfectly fine as a nano reef. I am also seeing the boom of the JBJ nano-cube and this is a viable alternative as well--the Via-Aqua is a taller/less wide setup and the nano-cube is very square and deep. I think ballast/light reliability can go either way between the two depending on your Murphy's luck and the given unit you buy; for the most part the supplied lighting will do well. The ViaAqua light looks neat to me, it's on a stand-up bracket that keeps the light a few inches away from the water's surface which means you can do light feeding and dosing without raising a lid or moving the light (provided these models haven't changed much since I last saw one)

Let us know what you pic, and include some digital pictures if you can so we can see how you've started off.

Welcome to our Forum,

Brandon M.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: