• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/6984/

usb-aquarium.jpg

2109e81.jpg

:P

Shane

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok this is too cool. when i get it i think i'm going to try to turn it into a real pico ... if i can figure out how to jimmy the light ... it's only a LED

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, so it actually has a pump in there. I wonder if you can use it in saltwater. Cool stuff...

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm eagerly waiting to see what Hwarang finds out. If it's as kool as it looks I might just get one too. :D

Shane

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, but they're fake fish... ;)

You could throw a couple zoanthids in there or green star polyps, etc and maybe a bristleworm and small snail. That'd be sweet. :)

Shane

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not both in the same mouse, but one or the other. :wink: I might get a baby hippo tang, as I have heard they stay small if you house them in a small environment. The fact that it is completely sealed means no evaporation which is a plus.
I am, however, afraid that moving the mouse might create unwanted sandstorms.:D :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK!

It was just delivered.

1. The fish are about an inch long. That should give you some scale.
2. The "aquarium" is sealed w/ a rubber plub. No evap!
3. Dunno HOW you would convert this to a real aquarium
• The light is only LED
• The power source is USB- making light conversion difficult
• the bottom has a plastic insert - you have to remove it (wreck the toy) to put real sand in

... So I think it's gonna be a desk toy unless one of you wants to step up and give it a shot. The hardest problem would be to find a light source that can run off of the weak juice delivered by USB.

It's still sweet, though.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because a LED doesn't produce any UV spectrum or otherwise useful light. Correct?

However I was just looking out my window wondering if I Could use natural lighting to do it. But this is MN and in the winter our sunlight is anything but radiant. So even that may not work.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about placing it right next to one of your aquariums? A red shroom doesn't need much light at all.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm that's an idea. Mabye i could get one of those red sea art deco lights. They're tiny and all.

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hwarang":1jgs53pk said:
However I was just looking out my window wondering if I Could use natural lighting to do it. But this is MN and in the winter our sunlight is anything but radiant. So even that may not work.

Move to Socal then, weathers great here. :wink: :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move to Socal then, weathers great here. icon_wink.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Actually I have some friends in LA, and that's where the grandmaster of my martial art is located, so I actually was considering moving there for a while. But they moved back home and whatnot. I had a blast when visiting LA. Great city, lotsa nightlife. LA gets my stamp of approval.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: