• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Jolieve

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I um.. impluse shopped a 7g minibow.

Got it home, got it filled with a 1/2 inch of sand, filled it with saltwater... I am starting this tank from scratch, not using water from the 75 to cycle it. I've had so many nutrient problems in the 75, because I started it with tap water, that I thought it wiser to just start this tank right, with plain old RO/DI water and salt. I've chucked in a nice 10 pound chunk of pavona (sp?) live rock. And now I am sitting on it. Planning to use weekly water changes as my filtration/removal of nasties, in addition to the lr.

I'm not doing anything with it for a while, so I've got some time to think about how I want to get things situated before I add livestock. I'm considering either a pseudochromis and a blood shrimp, or a yasha hase goby and a randall's pistol shrimp. For corals, ricordia and some other softies, and an lps of some kind. Not really wanting to do sps, or deal with the heat issues of halides.

Anyone have suggestions for lights for this size tank? Retrofits would be ideal, so I can shove them into a canopy that I will build for the tank, as opposed to having to mess around with putting a fixture on it.

Thanks!
J.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 2x32 csl retro pc's over my 7 when I had it set up. Looked really good. I may set up the tank as a fuge in the future.

BTW there is a guy on one of the boards making custom hoods for tehe 7 bow. from the pics I saw they were REALLY nice.

B

Jolieve

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who's making the CSL stuff these days? I heard a rumor that someone bought them and was going to start putting out their lights again.. but don't remember who.

J.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the new name is Current USA. I havent been able to find a company website but the online retailers are selling their stuff now, almost identical to the CSL stuff, but seems to be a little more expensive. Marine depot has their PC/moonlight fixtures on their home page right now, almost identical to the CSL one i have. They also have retrofit kits, i think they call them SunPaq or something

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know it sounds cliche'd by now but I really recommend hellolights.com simply because I have bought at least 4 systems from them and they were cheap (among reef lighting availabilites) and in great working condition still today.

2x32 retro and bi-weekly Ca/ALK support would surely grow many things...

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought bulbs from hellolights and I like them too, fast service, good prices. They are always the first site I check when I'm looking for new lighting supplies

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: