• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 gallon AGA
Prizm Skimmer
Dual 32watt PC
4" Natural Wonders Black Calcite Sand

Tank Views
=======

Attachments

• kitchen side tank 07-04.jpg
    kitchen side tank 07-04.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 955
  • front tank 07-04.jpg
    front tank 07-04.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 954
  • living room side tank 07-04.jpg
    living room side tank 07-04.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 961

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random Tank Shots
=============

Attachments

• shot 1a.jpg
    shot 1a.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 947
  • shot 2.jpg
    shot 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 950
  • shot 3.jpg
    shot 3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 948

MonKei

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW 8O! your tank is outstanding! thats just a standard rectangle 10 gal tank isnt it? very nice aquascaping as well! gorgeous colors! Keep up the good work!
:: drools ::

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are so awesome...love the black sand!

Have you put these up in the photo forum already? Some of them look familiar... :D

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed John, nice clarity and depth.

Investigator, I remember your tank updates and they have always stood out nicely for me due to your coral coloration and health. The black sand only adds to the contrast and your nano is a true 10. Are you having to scrub the sand pretty good to keep it free of gunk?

B

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just altered the way I do water changes. I actually suck the ditritus off of the top layer of the sand every two weeks. That usually equals 25% of the water being gone by the time I am done. I want my DSB to be able to live longterm and not oversaturate. I feel it is necessary to maintenance the DSB.

Jpizzle

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks awesome, love the black sand- I got some extra that is currently in a spare tank.. you've convinced me to use it for my show tank that I'm currently setting up.

the colors are just... sweeett... looks like the black sand adds to it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife just gave me a hard time because mine does not look like that. The black sand sure makes all the colors stand out nice. 8O

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the great comments. The one reason my tank looks so great in my opinion is becuase I listened to my fiance's input on colors and placement.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: