• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

root2dfruit

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings! I'm looking for any insight regarding ricordia, propagation and placement in my 10 gal tank. Recently, I've just come into a good sized peice of rock that is covered with ricordia. The individuals are in good shape from transport and I've placed them very high on my rocks( lighting is 50 watts of T8's). and have been target feeding? Any suggestions/insight. Thanks, M

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to ginsu them and net them to some rocks.

Chop all thier heads off, and chop them into little bits! either spread a layer of LR rubble over the bottom of your tank and just dump the pieces, or net them to small rocks.

Seriously. That's what I did.

B

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't kept Ricordia for a while but I used to simply slice them once down the middle with a razor blade, through the mouth. They stay attached to the rock and grow into two polyps pretty quickly.

Failing that, Barry White and disco lighting might work.

root2dfruit

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This peice of rock is completely and totally covered, back and front with pink ricordia. I sliced off a little guy from the underside of the rock, hoping to get it to attach( I'm using monofilament line). But, I'm just worried I'm not lighting the back part of the rock sufficiently. Eventually, soon hopefully, I'm upgrading from a 10 gal to 40gal breeder with appropriate lighting, so maybe my worries are temporary. But this peice is AWESOME, maybe 30 to 35 individuals, more than half with 2 mouths, some with 3. I'd hate to lose any of them. Any suggestions would be supercalafragilisticexpialadoius (or good)! Thanks, M

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: