• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nanite

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a computer monitor thats not working , is there anyway of converting the case into Marine nano tank.

Regards from Nanite. :?:

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only way I can think of would be to remove the actual screen/tube, then find a tank in a similar size and place it inside the "shell". The actual picture tube would not be a safe way to do it IMHO.

nanite

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Tazdevil and bingo...i'm having second thoughts on using a computer monitor case as a marine nano tank, i'll prob go and buy the 80 litre nano cube that i saw at the local aguarium place, as it has the light hood and bio filter already built in.

regards Nanite..

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out an older issue of AFM October 2003 issue...that has a how to on turning an old monitor into a tank... (personally, ugly and tacky) JMO!

nanite

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":2nbanozb said:
check out an older issue of AFM October 2003 issue...that has a how to on turning an old monitor into a tank... (personally, ugly and tacky) JMO!

Hi LordNikon...

Well the computer monitor case was just an idea , but i've decided on getting a 70 litre Jebo tank, and i'll get the aquarium place guy to upgrade the light .
this one comes with an inbuilt trickle filter...

nanite

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baianotang":yvnjuvsp said:
Good luck

Thanks...

My one Piece of Aquarium equipment so far!!

1.... DB Reeftech Calcium Reactor 10s.

2..... Jebo 70 litre Tank and stand..( Not yet )

3...... Heater ( Not Yet )

nanite

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":37kre59n said:
good i think youll save yourself much grief..

Hi...

Yeah ...... If i did go down that road i'd prob have all sorts of Problems, but it was an interesting idea to begin with..

HClH2OFish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a few sites with info on building the old Macs into tanks.
I've got one of the aquarium mags that had an article that showed how to create a tank from a monitor. Lotta work and I wouldn't trust it for s/w.
Try a google search

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: