• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Pisces1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. I have a number of little pieces of rock with coral frags attached to them. I place them in perfect harmony with my rockscape and then a naughty turbo snail knocks them over. I've been tempted to sample these snails as escargot, but that's not a good solution. Is there any way to secure these pieces to the rockwork without actually gluing them to the rock? I really don't want to take out the main rock from the tank if I can help it. Any suggestions? Thanks, <><

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Duro Quick Gel Super glue. For some resaon this brand works the best for me. It is only 2 bucks at Walmart for two tubes.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gel super glue like investigator said is a good option. You can use 2 part epoxy but it can be tricky to get it in and set solid sometimes - it's also bright white till it gets covered with encrusting organisms.

I have found fishing line works great too on many types of frags. Tie it to the rock and wait for it to encrust.

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If have an unmounted frag I use fishing line if I can't jam it in a crevice.

If the frag is on a bit of rock I use Holdfast Coral Epoxy which is like white playdoh,,,, works great if you can put up with the whiteness for a couple of months until it covers over.

Don't tell anyone, but I've used silicone sealant once or twice when I didn't have any epoxy (worked ok for really small bits of rock with frags on).

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate turbos. There are more trouble than they are worth in a nano IMO. Go with astrea amongst other small snails for a good mix. A thick nonwater based super glue gel works best for me.

nanocat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My turbos are well mannered so far. My astrea was relocated becuase it did manage to knock over things. Go figure.

Ditto the above, superglue gel or Aquamend epoxy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: