• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Shinken

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my new tank just after the sand went in. Note there are NO livestock in it yet!

The tank is a 10G 14" cube design

Its lit by four ASL 18w T5's

Circulation is via two maxi jet 400 providing 400 L/H and a fluval 101 providing 227 L/H. Which in total is about 23 times the tank volume in an hour.

The maxijets point at each other for turbulance.

For the fluval i cut a suger cube sized block of polyfilter and change that each week. the fluval is at surface leval and is pointed at the surface to airate the tank.

The tank is heated by a 50w visitherm heater.

There is a 2" very fine sand bed, with live sand from my bigger reeftank.

The rock is also from my bigger tank.

Attachments

• ash pics 1012.jpg
    ash pics 1012.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 785

Shinken

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the tank after one week, just after i put the goby in! I checked all parameters and they were fine throughout set up. i never experienced ammonia or nitrite spikes ( well ones that could be detected by salifert test kits ) I believe this was due to using water, rock and sand straight from my other reeftank.

Attachments

• nan01.jpg
    nan01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 782

Shinken

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is burt the yellow goby. he is now eating flake and enjoys being stroked!!! 8O

Attachments

• nano burt.jpg
    nano burt.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 777

Shinken

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, it could be some time before the corals go in. im having a hard time finding some nice ones!

Im thinking lots of zoo's

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done Shinken, I like your base aquascape design because it allows much stocking space for corals as well as thorough cleaning in between rock surfaces. I like the crowded reef wall effect which is rather unpopular, cleaning access is a prime reason why. It will be a nice middle ground for you because you have more than enough room to stack corals of your choice while maintaining sufficent swimming space for your fish and cleaning access which predicts the long-term success of the tank. Please keep us posted as time goes by!
Brandon M.

Shinken

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new pics to go up soon, but im having trouble with photographing my tank. my camera seems to focus on the water and not the inhabitants. Any tips??????

I have two dancing shrimps in there with the goby now, boy do the look funny when they walk!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: