• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mike35

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wand to add a surge/refuge to my 10 G Nano tank. The surge side of the Refuge Is 2 G is that to big for my 10 G. It contains a GSP, SPS, clean up crew, and A Pygme Angle that will be moved to my 30 G soon.
should I Trim down the surge or keep it at full size

Thanks
Mike

Ogre

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like a pretty decent surge for a 10 gal tank. you've probably only got 7 or 8 gallons of actual water and surging a quarter of the volume of the tank is a pretty damn huge surge. My guess is that you wouldn't need something that big. But it sounds pretty sweet when and if you get it to work.

Ogre

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I dunno how high your light is on the tank or how you do top off water, but surges generally add a fair amount of bubbles into the water and they cause your water to evaporate quite a bit quicker as well. Just a few things to consider. I expect pictures if you do it.

mike35

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that I think of it. A 2 gal surge is a little to much for a 10 gal tank. I think i will Icrease the size of the refuge and cut the surge down to mabe 1/2 or 3/4 gal hows that sound.

Ogre I will Have Pic's :)

Thanks

Mike

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: