• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here's the tank, first pic shows the nano on the "shelf" I made to protect the nightstand it's sitting on; which is made out of 4 12*12 tiles.

Attachments

• whole tank.jpg
    whole tank.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,185

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second pic, a hitchiker's arm (one of 5, sometimes you see all of them) that appears to be a tiger striped serpent or brittle

Attachments

• hitchiker arm.jpg
    hitchiker arm.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,184

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final is a bad pic of the pepp. shrimp added to deal with a unwanted hitchiker problem, of which he's obliterated the 3 biggest offenders already, This wknd he'll be getting a Royal Gramma to argue with about holing places.

Attachments

• pep shrimp home.jpg
    pep shrimp home.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,181
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool man, did you mod the lights or filter at all? What are you planning on keeping in there? MORE PIX!

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No mods, other than removing biomedia and carbon, only using 2 of the four sponges. Pretty much going to be a shroom tank with the Royal gramma, and pepp shrimp (although the pepp may be moved to the 75, then I'll put a small cleaner shrimp in the nano). May add a softie, but it will have to be one that agrees with the shroom's/Royal grammas requirements (lower light/less intense flow).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My xenia is doing very well in my nano - and I had it in there before I gave the lighting an upgrade. Curiously, my shrooms aren't doing that well - I'm guessing there's a little too much current for them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also my blastomussa was doing well. perhaps you could try that as well. umm oh and i have some sponges in there that like it a lot. try for one of those yellow ball/moon sponges, maybe?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how are those red shrooms of yours doing? I got an almost identical rock (aquaculture operation has saturated the market). I can't get mine to thrive, they perpetually look all shriveley. But there are like 5 species of other shroom in there and they're doing great. I think there's too much current in my nanercyoobe for the red ones or something. But even my ricordia is fine.

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are getting kinda shrively too, all parameters look good, so I don't get it. In the 75, the reds haven't done well either, the green spotted and green striped are splitting like mad though!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's the thing, i even have a green that is identical to the red (well except it's green haha). but i mean it's like the same species and whatnot. the green one is thriving well. i'm anxious for the reds to extend and look happy so i can rip them off the crappy aquacultured rock and place them around my tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had the same shrooms for months..8 months to be exact, fully exposed, however they dont split or multiply...whats up? and i dont feel like cutting them either....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm weird. also they don't peel off the live rock like my other shrooms do. it's been easy to use the padded tip of my finger to gently peel them off. but not the reds. when i tried that with a red shroom, it refused to let go of the rock and spit da brown stuffs out. the other shrooms just peel off like a bit of tape, and they didn't even shrivel.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: