• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jcm1229

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently traded some frags for a nanocube. I previously had a 10g and lit it with the 2x36W setup from AHSUPPLY. The mirro4 parabolic reflector was amazing. I was able to grow some sps under that lighting. I had them in the top 3rd of the tank and they did pretty well. I built a basic hood and used an auto-topoff and had NO heat issues without any fan.

For my cube, It appears I was one of the last to get the 32w retro from Championlighting. I plan to build (maybe crude) my own hood. I'm getting a reflector only from ahsupply (I'll trim it to size with tin snips and I should have some decent lighting with the 24W and 32W under that great reflector.

I plan to keep the hood back open and figure out how to setup an auto-topoff with the overflow and I should be good to go.

If you don't mind trying your hand at a custom hood I think you can get great lighting this way.

Any comments??

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep there is that one guy that makes custom hoods for the nanocube, and they look very nice. Maybe consider hanging a skimmer on the back.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: