• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dakine

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my perfect little rose BTA decided to end it all last night by jamming himself in the powerhead. :( It's in my 14g and the water was all cloudy this morning, so I did a 50% water change and started running carbon. Everything else in the tank seemed fine. This is the first time I've ever lost an anemone, but I understand they leave a real mess when they kick it. Should I be OK with what I've done so far or do I need to do anything else?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bta that decided to get sucked into the almighty "sarlac" too aka powerhead...fortunately i caught it in time to prevent it from clouding my tank but the BTA succumbed to its demise nonetheless...I think you are on the right track..maybe make a few more waterchanges in the days ahead 1-2% changes...

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would test for ammonia, providing it doesn't spike your measures seem to be the right ones. Should it spike, you would simply want to change more water and make sure no meat slivers from the rascal are left floating around or hidden under LR crevices. Sorry for your loss.

dakine

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies, I tested everything when I got home and ammonia was a little high, so I did about a 10% change last night and will test when I get home.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: